Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday 29 July 2012

K.I.S.S

There is a reason superwoman looks likes she does...
a) She has MAGICAL POWERS people!
b) correct me if I'm wrong but she does not have a husband, children, family, workplace and community to please!
and c) just to reiterate she has MAGICAL POWERS people!

So the moral of todays blog is Keep It Simple Superwoman...

I am not sure about my readers but I am certainly one of those women that likes things done perfectly and at times thinks I need to be a Superwoman to please everyone including myself! But over time I have learnt some very valuable lessons mostly from women but also from the male species about how to make my life simpler. 

So here they are in no particular order...

- Frozen and canned veggies are ok! I have always thought as the perfect woman i must source and use fresh vegetables all the time so that my family and I are getting the most nutrients possible. The reality is that when you are running out of time and you haven't made it to the shops, whip out that spare bag of veggies from the freezer once in a while, no one will know the difference and the meal will taste exactly the same!

- Get yourself some facial wipes! A good friend of mine told me to do this when I had just had my first beautiful little boy and i thank her for the advice. They are time saving, especially at night when you are totally exhausted and just one to crawl into bed. They are quick enough to use and will still make you feel like half a superwoman!

- Buy two of all the essentials! This came about in our house late one evening when i was having a terrible day and my husband came home late from the farm to find no toothpaste in the house. He told me to go to bed and he trundled off to the supermarket and stocked up on toothpaste, bongella, vicks, soap, washing powder etc. His motto was to make life easier on ourselves and we have tried to maintain that stock supply ever since. 

- Make food in bulk and freeze it. Enough said!

- Take away is ok! Enough said!


- 'You have done the very best you can for today'. Everyday i get a daily truth email from www.bravegirlsclub.com and the above quote was in one. When I am feeling crap, I try and reiterate the quote to myself in the effort to increase my self reassurance that i am doing ok as a woman. Some days i have to work a bit harder than others but in the end the daily emails I get are certainly helpful to remind me that I am doing my very best every day! 

- Meditate, get enough sleep and have a rest day. Another website I have found helpful is www.leoniedawson.com and there is probably lots that you can take away but lots you can leave too! I have definitely taken the above three things away from this woman and I certainly feel better for it. 


Last week my rest day was a trip to Burra for coffee and cake with my little family... lovely!

- Be honest with your friends and family. More often than not they are going through the exact same crap that you are on any given day! I am sure that they would love to hear that they are not alone in juggling all their speical Superpowers that all of us Superwomen are trying to maintain!

I hope some of this advice is as helpful to you as it was to me and i would love to hear of any other tips to make life easier for all of us Superwomen out there! 

xo


No comments:

Post a Comment