Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday 2 October 2012

Not quite Carrie Bradshaw...

Today, I am writing to you from my new desk - Yay! My eldest son is supposed to be having a afternoon sleep in his bedroom in the next room but as usual he is talking to himself and his teddies until he finally drops off! My youngest son has just finished a breastfeed and is milk drunk, laying on my chest.
I feel a bit like Carrie Bradshaw sitting here typing away even though the only minute similarity is the laptop computer! Not quite a New York outlook of my window either - the only thing bustling passed my window is the several big blow flies that managed to swindle their way through a door left accidently open.

This little poem I wrote sums up the what surrounds me as I write...


As I look out of my window,
All is quiet except for the faint crackling of the ABC radio.
The sun is shining and the sky is blue,
The row of roses are a vibrant hue.
The view is long and wide,
No houses cramping together side by side.
This is country living,
Always and forever giving.


Now as I finish up, both my boys are in the land of nod so I might go and turn the radio off, have a cup of tea and enjoy the extra peace and quiet sounds of nature.

xo

1 comment: