Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday 16 October 2012

Sand Art Fun...

Ok, I am back on the Blogtoberfest12 bandwagon after a couple of days away trying to sort out the design on my blog. I can tell you that the whole tecnological side of this blogging gig can be completely frustrating and hence time wasting. I would rather spend my time crafting and creating, than fluffing around with html codes and jpegs!!!

So now that I have my awesome new header (thanks again Leanne from Graphics By L - you can find her gorgeous work here.), I'm back with some crafty fun that I did with my eldest son over the weekend.

Have you ever seen Sand Art? While at our local Kindy market I bought a Sand Art Card for $5. Sand art is a specially designed laser cut card, that you can then create pictures from by removing the cover paper and pouring the coloured sand all over the exposed sticky section of the card.

My son had a picture of a car on his card, so we peeled off each section of the car and covered it with different coloured sand...




... my son seemed to be only dump the sand in one spot but that was ok because I got to rub it all over the card with his hand which worked just as well. 


And this was the final result...








We had heaps of sand left over (admittedly all over the table!) so we swept it into up and made our own sand art. I just painted glue on a piece of paper and then got my son to pour on the left over sand and brush it all over the page... 


Overall this craft was a bit messy but I don't think as messy as painting - at least with this you just brush off the sand and don't have to worry about paint stains on your clothes. You could also use glitter instead of coloured sand. 

I hope this gives you some inspiration to do some craft with the little people in you life...

x

No comments:

Post a Comment