Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday 4 October 2012

The simple things...

Day 4 of Blogtobefest and where has my day gone, so much still to do and not enough hours in the day!

I wrote this poem a while ago when my eldest son was little enough to fit in our backyard swing and when I put him in it he would just laugh and laugh!!!

The greatest sound to me,
is my son giggling with glee,
as he swings in the air,
and the wind blows his tufts of hair.
We are in our backyard,
where nothing seems to hard. 
As my son swings to and fro,
the veggies in there patch grow and grow.
My husband is building the chook house,
and the dog is playing with a pesky mouse.
Together in our family home,
A place to call our very own. 


As I look back on this photo and poem, it reminds me to stop and take notice of the little things in life and I hope you are all enjoying the simple things that life brings to you too!

x


2 comments:

  1. Yes, treasure those moments as our little ones grow up soooo fast.
    It seems like only yesterday that I was pushing my babies in the swing - and now they are both at uni!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, I can't believe its been 6weeks already since my youngest son was born! where did that time go?

      Delete